Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing


Here is some simple, yummy salad dressing inspired by a wonderful salad I had on a recent trip to San Francisco. If you're ever there, you should eat here. One of the best meals ever. Anyway, I got a delicious zucchini and heirloom tomato salad with a fresh, light dressing. After my meagre attempt at recreating it, I realized I missed a key ingredient, mint! Still, this dressing I came up with tonight is yummy, vinegar free (for those who can't have it), and easy. I'll try it next time with fresh mint.

For 2 side salads, you'll need:
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 T fresh basil
  • juice of one lemon
  • a couple dashes of salt
  • 1 T vegan mayo or plain yogurt
  • 1 T olive oil
The steps:
  1. Place all ingredients in the food processor and combine. That's it!
I served this on a simple red oak green lettuce salad with orange peppers and [homemade] croutons. I think this would be good as a dressing for cole slaw or any number of vegetable salads. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment