Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cat Treats

I figure, why pay money for cat treats, when I can make them myself?  Easy peasy!  Modified from a recipe I found to suit what's in my cupboard and my fat cat.

You'll need:
  • 5oz can of tuna
  • 1/4 cup water drained from tuna.  If the water from your can of tuna doesn't equal 1/4 cup, measure out the remainder, rinse the tuna can with it, then use it in the recipe.
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup flour (you can use whole wheat if you have it, but all purpose is fine too)
The steps:

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Mix tuna, water, and egg until combined.
  • Add oatmeal and flour.
  • Drop onto greased cookie sheet by small spoonfuls, keeping in mind that:  
    1. You're cat won't care what it looks like. 
    2. The size of the cookie should reflect the size of its consumer.
  • Bake for 20 minutes.
  • Make your kitty happy.

My cat, Artemisia, is much happier now with her treat--her reward for letting me trim her claws.

2 comments:

  1. yay I'm glad you were able to trim her claws. I hope it wasn't too traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just let Walton lick whats left in the can when I make tuna! :)

    ps. i think im gonna try making the raspberry brownies... nom.

    ReplyDelete